Vegan Fattoush - As Requested!
Dinner party was epic last night, it’s so fun to get together with friends and share delicious food. Inspired by @iamnotover I made GF brown rice/buckwheat pumpkin and sweet potato gnocchi paired with an incredible homemade nut free basil pesto, yum 👌
I am sooo interested in trying this
somebody translate this for me PUH-LEAZZEE
- 140 grams of rice
- Black sesame seeds
- Corn starch
(For the burger)
- 220 grams cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- Bread crumbs
- Various spices
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- Sauces of your choice (I used mustard and harissa)
1. Boil rice in salted water. Once cooked, drain and leave to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix the rice together with the sesame seeds and corn starch until it’s a workable ‘dough.’ Divide the mixture into 4. Shape into circular patties (you could use a metal ring like an egg ring) and press the rice mixture with the back of a spoon. Wrap in cling film. Put them on a tray and put into freezer (or fridge if you have more time.)
For the chickpea burgers:
3. Put the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, spices and salt and pepper in a blender/food processer and blend. Add just enough bread crumbs so it comes together. Form into burger patties (you can use the same technique as before.)
4. Retrieve your rice buns. On a tray lined with baking paper, place your rice buns and chickpea burgers. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.
5. Assemble the burger with the salads and sauces etc.
Great green smoothie!